10 Blunders that will ruin Employee Engagement
Workers will be the backbone of any organization. For just about any organization to fly high in the horizon of success it’s important they have a strong basis of manpower support. A channelized effort of all of the workers towards accomplishment of a common goal leads in a brief span of time to success. But any organization, be it professional or private requires attention and dedication from both sides mutually. A satisfied employee is a bonded employee and a bonded employee would be productive and dedicated and would surely align his activities towards accomplishment of the organizational target. Particular key points that should be taken care of from the to retain the workers and align their efforts towards company’s vision are as stated below.
1. Hygiene of the work place: Employees need to be healthy give and to perform their finest. A hygienic and neat work place must keep the workers healthy and hearty. The motivation is killed by an unorganized and messy work station and decreases the productivity degree of the employees. Suitable cleanliness should be maintained in the work place that includes the dining and washroom space additionally.
2. Work Timings: Work timings must not be exaggerated as it might at times be problematic for the employees to cope with it. This aspect needs to be looked after especially for female workers. Individuals must balance both these aspects at the exact same time and work for their families. After the scheduled work time if the employees are requested to stay back and work on a regular basis they can be bound to feel disconnected and would begin trying to find other opportunities.
3. Private Connect: The HR department should make an effort to construct a personal rappo as it would boost their dedication degree up and link with all the employees. If the management stands in their own good and bad times and values the personal interest of its workers to some extent, it helps promote a great work culture. Observing birthdays and some other special days related to them will make them feel important and recognized as individuals and not an employee.
4. Rewards and Recognition: An effort made is an effort waste if not recognized on time. The motivation behind great work is recognition and the rewards attached to it. Designated individuals mightn’t place in their best attempts unless and until there is a driving force behind any work. Efforts and great results of the employees should be recognized and rewarded on time. This keeps the motivation level high and acts to do better every time. A sound rewards and recognition policies help the company in attaining and keeping talent that is valuable and enhance the goodwill and brand value of the organization.
5. Communication Gap: A powerful communication network aligns the management and the workers towards common aim. The workers should be well aware of the communication channels and really should feel free to speak their heart out if they have some concerns. A two way successful communication system helps them know and understand each other better and gives clarity of thoughts to both management and also the employees. Communication gap results in difference in the thinking process which in turn hampers the trust variable and work culture of the firm.
6. Proper Metrics for Grievance Management: Trust is a basic characteristic of any organization. Workers correct routes to address their concerns and ought to know of their rights. There should be a nicely maintained link featuring all privacy settings complete without emphasizing the individual concerned, to address grievances of its own employees.
7. Regular Interaction: There needs to be routine interactive sessions involving the employees and also the direction setting the short-term goals and the milestones attained. This provides a bigger picture to the workers and helps them connect their individual targets to that of the business. These regular interactions can be in the type of Seminars, Webinars or Hi-tea corporate get together where ideas can be exchanged and workers get a platform to share their input on important issues associated with the organization. This involves them more in the organization and boosts the engagement and initiative level of the employees.
8.Ethnic Respect: where people from various religious and ethnic backgrounds work together, With the changing marketplace dynamics companies have accommodated a cosmopolitan culture. The companies should be well aware, esteem and inculcate all worth that are respectful in its workforce for these diversified cultures. All of the festivals related to these cultures Target audience analysis observed and should be known to respect the feelings and beliefs of workers belonging to them.
9.Everyday work Culture: the productivity level goes down, If an organization sticks to some work structure where employees are expected to work always with no recreational activities being comprised in the task schedule. Recreational activities like team trips, company get together observing family day or various festivals together keeps the employees inspired and happy. At times it also helps reduce the attrition rate for the business.
10. Security: With all these girls entering the corporate world it becomes the prime duty of the business to take good care of of their security needs. Using the requirement of the hour at times they need to be traveling, late night, or working. In such cases it becomes the prime duty of the organization to take all possible measures to provide a work environment that is safe to them. There needs to be a solid and fast actions with respect to their security problems when they have any.